Friday, September 30, 2005

Searching for a heart of gold, and I'm getting old.

Man, I haven't watched MTV in a long time...So, while waiting for the most intense drama available over the counter ( Red Sox v. Yankees ) to begin I decided to kill the time watching some. I really can't believe how bad it has gotten. The content sucks. The message sucks. The format sucks.
Kids today are being taught to be fucked up. If you watch MTV all you see is horrible teens that get away with murder on stupid ass documentaries. You see dumb ass kids doing lots of drugs. You see these teeny boppers that are probably to young to drive participating in dating shows and talking about sex like its the same as eating ice cream or something. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't an angel either, but I had the common sense and decency to keep what I did "out in the streets", out in the streets. I didn't bring it home and didn't rub it in my parents or any other adults face. It seems today they have no sense or respect. Shit, if I acted like some of these kids do I would have gotten my ass beat down Mike Tyson style by my dad, and that's no exaggeration.
Moving on, The Real World is still being made? Are you kidding me? Dude, do you realize that this show has been around for 15 years! I remember being in my room and watching that show and thinking," wow, not living with your parents and living with friends is pretty cool. Julie is so hotttttt." That was her name right? The girl from Alabama. That's another thing about the old MTV - aside from Eric, everybody was pretty damn normal looking. Now, they only allow super models on that shit show. Seems kinda silly or stupid.
When the Real World first started out it was cool because it was this experiment - what will happen when we put these seven different people from seven different places in one house? that was a great idea. Now, the experiment is over because the people you get on there are so not genuine and seem way to happy to be made to look stupid. Whatever.
Times are changing. I know thats about as stale a cliche one can use but it is soooo damn true and I feel old.

*done

2 Comments:

Blogger ZigKvetch said...

HELLLLLOOOOO, POST SEASON!

I wish you guys could be here watching NESN with us right now. Even Wally the Green Monster is hugging all the players.

WILD SOX RULE!!!

Ok, ahem. So yes, agreed on all points about MTV. Tell me, have you seen the aberration that is "My Super Sweet 16?" If not, be sure to catch it a couple of times. I've never seen anything like it. I sure as heck wouldn't have gotten away with ANY of that crap when I was a kid. I wouldn't have tried either, actually.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Danny that was another hilarious post. Isn't it werid?...I feel myself getting crotchety and I'm not even thirty. But it does seem like in the last 10 years things truly have gone waaaay downhill in a way they haven't before.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home