Friday, August 05, 2005

iron guts

my parents went to new bedford, ma. last week to visit my frickin 'uge family and brought back some of my favorite foods...they brought some linguica, some chourico, some portuguese rolls, and portuguese wines. all genuine portuguese stuff by the way...none of that fake fresh market stuff. my mom made some of her chourico sandwiches. she takes the chourico (its a spicey sausage) and grinds it up, then she takes a potato and mashes it, throws in some butter to make it stick all together and the puts it on a portuguese roll. the stuff is good. it sucks that we cant get that stuff down here because when ever i get my hands on some i go nuts. i ate two of those bad boys yesterday, and they are huge, and i had bubble guts all day yesterday and today. i asked amy if the sandwich she had bothered her but she said she had iron guts and that nothing bothers her...whatever dude.

5 Comments:

Blogger molly said...

I might be able to score you some of that Portuguese wine on the cheap if you tell me what it's called.

7:03 PM  
Blogger leanne said...

Vino Verde haunts me, man. I want some of that stuff every day.

Your mom's sandwich sounds awesome. She's a pretty great cook.

7:47 PM  
Blogger amy corinne said...

I do have an iron gut. I can eat ANYTIHNG! I wish we could get chourico and linguicia here too. I'd eat it all the days and be a fatter ass.

9:15 AM  
Blogger molly said...

Anything except BLUEBERRIES, you mean.

10:08 AM  
Blogger amy corinne said...

I guess I should have said:

I can eat ANYTIHNG (as long as it is not mushy and gross, or mayonaisey)!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home