Wednesday, August 17, 2005

My day at Fenway

I tried my hardest to not blog about this but I have to. Last weekend was the best I had in many a millennia. I WENT TO FENWAY PARK FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE! I know a lot of people don't get the whole sports thing and think they are about as significant as the paper I wiped my butt with this afternoon when I pooped, but there is something about being there.

I've been to pro sports games before. I have been to a few Marlins games and Dolphins games and even the Carolina Hurricanes, but the Red Sox have eluded me for years. Mostly because my parents were never interested in going to see them but also because we never had the money. But a really cool chick in Mass hooked Amy and I up...fo'reeeeeeeel. She got some free tickets and let us take two.

Fenway is a beautiful place. I'm sure even a Yankees fan can appreciate the history that has gone down in that place, and there is a lot. Fenway looks today much like it did in the early part of the 20th century. that blows my mind. The seats we sat in are original. Been there the whole time. The whole time I was sitting there I was wondering how many people sat in that seat before me? What were the people wearing? Turn of the century garb probably.......damn. We sat in section 17, if you were wondering.

Fenway Pahk:

This picture is from our seats

This picture is from the tour when we were on the green mawnstuh

This picture is from the 406 clubhouse

What can I say...It was one of the better experiences of my life.

peace.

3 Comments:

Blogger leanne said...

I'm glad you had fun, Danbone.

Let's do it again next year.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

So glad you had fun! We went to Fenway on our honeymoon. Snazzy new ballparks are nice and all, but you can't beat the nostalgia and history of a place like Fenway or Wrigley.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Congrats on finally getting to the "Mecca of Baseball!" Come again and stay a while this time!

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home