Thursday, November 03, 2005

Se' Lest

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It's wierd when something like a song can change your day. A song. Something some created in thier bedroom really late one night that they probably thought would never see the light of day. Something created in Iceland, for example, that, besides for the obvious reasons, is so foreign to you, but at the same time so familiar. Kind of like someone you have know for a short time but feel like you have known for years. That is what I love so much about music. That is why it is so much more than a distraction or just background noise. I guess thats why it is the purest art. The most emotional art form, for me anyway.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I have been listening o the new Sigur Ros so much and talking about it so much and blogging about it so much that it probably seems retarded, but I can't help it. it is an amazing fucking record. It makes me think about so many things. Especially one song called Se' Lest which happens to be my new favorite song ever. Some of the things it makes me think of are all over this blog. I can't help it. When the end of the song starts, it actually makes me feel good to be alive. Thats a strange thing for me, me to say, but its true. it makes me feel amazing.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Seriously, if you didn't go out and buy it or buy it from iTunes last time I posted, or because you heard about it on NPR or something and just don't know if you want to, just do it. I will give anyone half of what it cost if they don't like it. Yes, buy it and if you don't like it send it to me and I will give you at least half of your money back. But you must give it at least 4 full listens. If it doesn't hit you right away I calculate 4 listens before you fall totally in love with this record....and you will thank me. I don't care if these guys get rich or whatever, just do it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Finally, I think I understand what it must have felt for people to hear Beethoven or Mozart for the very first time back then. This record does what music is supposed to.... it takes you back to a better time...takes you to a better place. It gives you hope...It makes you feel. it does everything right...and seems to make right everything thats wrong as long as it is playing.

Se' Lest was just another song on an amazing record to me the first 10 times I heard it, but now, it gives me chills. It makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. It makes me want to play music again, even more than before...It makes me think that I might have something like this waiting in me to be written.

but what do I know? i haven't more important things to worry about.


Sigur Ros Home Page

To buy Takk...

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

It'd be a lot easier if you guys would just burn me a copy. :-)

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home